Equipment-Less Workout You Can Do on the Go – Coming Straight from Gigi Hadid’s Trainer
Gigi is known to be someone that’s always on the move. The supermodel has a very active and busy lifestyle. She is flying across continents for shoots, catwalks, and everything else all the time. The Reebok ambassador still finds a way to keep herself going on the move and squeeze in a quick workout while on the move, but how does she do it?
If you are someone who is always on the move as well, but still like to keep themselves fit and active, you might know a little about how hard it is to include in that extra workout session while still being able to keep up with your work and life schedule. It is very convenient to let a bustling timetable ruin any chances of you complying with a daily exercise schedule. So how must you do it?
Talking about Gigi, she has her personal trainer Rob Piela, proprietor of Gotham Gym to keep her on her toes when she is on the move while simultaneously being able to check everything off of her daily to-do tasks. Let us take a dive into Gigi’s on-the-move schedule and see what she does differently to fit in those extra hours to her life.
Rob revealed a few secrets and tips, as well as a simple workout routine to help you accommodate a quick workout while you are out and about.
First things first, Rob confessed he helps Gigi with her workout sessions on FaceTime while she’s traveling. So, if you have a trainer as well or just a workout buddy, it is about time you tried giving this little trick a shot.
Another key is to take advantage of the environment that you are in and make use of its full potential. It’s not always easy to find someone to guide you or accompany you when trying to stay fit, so make use of your surroundings and use that space to your advantage.
Here. Piela has shared with us an easy and quick workout that Hadid likes to follow whilst on the move and the best part about this routine is that it requires absolutely no gear or equipment. So, gear up and get ready to work those muscles!
Let’s see how the workout goes! But first, it is crucial that we start with a warm-up session to avoid any injuries or muscle cramps.
Starting with a few warm-ups stretches and exercises
Start by doing two sets of each of the following moves without taking a rest break – to help you get the temperature of your core up, adrenaline pumping, and your muscles ready for the workout.
- Jumping Jacks — 25 reps
- High Knees — 25 reps
- Bodyweight Squats — 10 reps
- Alternating Forward Lunges — 20 reps
Now slowly moving to the main workout:
Take a deep breath and then when you’re ready, start with the following moves.
Again, start by doing two sets each without taking a break between the sessions. Take it nice and slow, make sure not to overwork yourself in one go!
- Push-ups — 10 reps
- Triceps Dips — 10 reps
- Sit-ups — 10 reps
- Wall Sit — 30 seconds
- Squat Jumps — 15 reps
- Single-Leg Calf Raises — 15 reps
Moving towards the end of the workout, we are going to finish off with some cardio and a good core finisher session:
The training comes to an end with this session. We are going to complete one set of the following exercises before we can cool off and call it a day.
- Mountain climbers — 30 seconds
- Burpees — 30 seconds
- Plank — 30 seconds
- V-ups — 30 seconds
Let’s check out the how-to of these moves:
So, let’s see how to execute these moves properly in order to avoid any unnecessary injuries and help you gain the best results with these well-practiced exercises.
Push-Ups — 10 reps
- We are going to do ten reps of push-ups.
- Start with your palms flat on the ground at a distance shoulder-width apart.
- Now help yourself move into a high plank stance, keeping your body in a straight line.
- Move your body lower to the ground with your elbows at a 45-degree angle, while trying not to allow your torso to touch the floor.
- Once you are in that position, push yourself down to the floor and move back up into a plank position before repeating this process.
Triceps Dips — 10 reps
- Again, we are going to do ten reps of this exercise.
- Settle down on the ground with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Place your hands on the floor behind you at a distance of shoulder-width apart, your fingers facing towards your body.
- Unfold your arms to lift your body over the ground.
- Now, lower your body back towards the ground as far as possible without allowing your buttocks to touch the floor.
- Continue to do this with your heels flat on the floor along with your palms.
Squat Jumps — 15 reps
- For this one, we are going to do 15 reps.
- Stand firm on the ground with your legs a little farther apart than your hips.
- Now lower your buttocks as if sitting down on an imaginary chair.
- Hold the position before jumping up into the air and landing back into your initial stance.