Equipment-Less Workout You Can Do on the Go – Coming Straight from Gigi Hadid’s Trainer (2 of 3)
Sit-Ups with a Twist — 10 reps
- We are going to repeat this exercise 5 times each on each side (10 reps in total).
- Start with laying down on the ground with knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Place your hands and try to sit up as far as you can while engaging your core.
- Make sure you are comfortable and not forcing your body to do more than it can handle.
- Hold the top position while sitting up and twist your body to allow your right elbow to come in contact with your left knee.
- Do the same movement over again, this time touching your left elbow to your right knee.
- Continue to practice this, five times on each side.
Wall Sit — 30 seconds
- Stand with your back against a wall and your feet touching together.
- Place your hands on your hips or cross them over your chest, whichever might be more comfortable.
- Now, squat down as if sitting down on a chair with your knees at a 90-degree angle with the wall.
- Breathe in and breathe out while holding this position for 30 seconds before slowly pulling yourself back up.
- If the stance seems too easy for you, try spicing it up while holding each leg up, straight in front of you and parallel to the floor.
Single-Leg Calf Raise — 15 reps (each side)
- Stand on the floor with your feet at a distance of the width of your hips.
- Place your hands on your hips or keep them crossed over your chest, whichever is convenient.
- Lift your right leg to make a 90-degree angle with your toe pointing towards the floor.
- Maintain your balance on your left leg while trying to stretch the muscles of your calf till you feel a pull.
- Hold this stance before repeating the same with your left leg on the ground.
- Do 15 reps on each side (30 reps in total).