Thirsty? Check Out This Tropical Pineapple Skin Tea Recipe With a Mystical Twist
Pineapple skin tea is a delightful and nutritious beverage that is perfect for any season. It is also a great way to reduce food waste, as you can use the pineapple skin that would otherwise end up being pitched right away. But you might be surprised to know that pineapple skin tea is more than just a delicious and sustainable drink. It is also a whimsical elixir that can transport you to the fantastical realms of culinary creativity.
So bust out that wizard/witch hat and let’s whip up a brew that is as enchanting as it is delicious!
The Enchanted Recipe
- 1 pineapple skin, thoroughly washed
- 1 knob of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 5 cups of water
- A pinch of fairy dust (required!)
If you’re looking to booze things up with a pineapple skin/mulled wine fusion, add some nutmeg, orange peel, cloves, and unicorn tears if that’s what you’re into.
First things first:
Start by skinning your pineapple. There’s nothing inhuman about this, as pineapples recognize that this is their fate. Save the pineapple core for now. We’ll get into that whole business a bit later.
Oh, we almost forgot: We don’t want you to succumb to the harmful bacteria that call the pineapple skin home. So before you go any further, give that skin a good scrubbin’ with a vegetable brush or soak it in vinegar for around 30 minutes to cast those germs away. After you have sanitized the pineapple skin, the real magic begins!
- Gather your mystical ingredients — the pineapple skin, ginger, turmeric, and maple syrup — and place them in a cauldron… er, a large pot.
- Add the water to the pot and conjure up a spell to bring it all to a rolling boil.
- Once the potion… oops, we mean, tea is bubbling away, reduce the heat and let it simmer for a bewitching 30 minutes to an hour. The longer it simmers, the more enchantingly delicious it tastes.
- When you feel the time is right and the tea has transformed into a vibrant elixir, strain it into a mug with the grace of a seasoned sorcerer.
- For an extra dash of enchantment, grab a fairy, turn her upside down, and vigorously shake her dust into the beverage. No consent is required, as, we mean, what is she going to do about it?
Tips to Elevate the Magic:
- Remember how we said we would get back to you on the pineapple core? We always keep our promises. If you’re looking for an even more spellbinding brew, toss in a slice of that pineapple core into the pot. It’s guaranteed to add some tropical charm!
- Can’t find a fairy to shake around? Fear not, leprechaun laughter is just as sweet and tangy.
- To elevate the enchantment factor, sip your brew from a whimsical mug. Whether it’s adorned with a pineapple motif or a zany saying, your mug is sure to add an extra layer of decadence to your tea-sipping experience.
- While we’re perfectly fine with you drinking this cold, we recommend it hot. Like, fire-breathing dragon levels of heat!
- Feeling particularly playful? Experiment with some quirky additions to your pineapple skin tea, like gummy bears, chocolate chips, or a sprinkling of stardust perchance! After all, there’s no such thing as making it too weird!